14.8.15

Holiday food


Since food is like my favorite thing I decided to sum up some of the best holiday food (and sweets) I've been eating. First up is Peters brother Eriks birthday cakes; a perfect strawberry cake with cream, sponge cake base and meringue and a Swedish Drömtårta (Dream cake, best name ever).


My friend Marias salad with strawberries, melon, spinach, avocados and Feta cheese.


Some of Marias strawberry salad and a potato salad I made with radishes, capers, apples, red onion, mustard and créme fraîche. Plus marinated veggie skewers and grilled corn on the cob with butter, parmesan cheese and chili flakes. 


Perfect hangover brunch at Lagerhuset in Gothenburg, Eggs Royale with poached eggs and spinach on a brioche topped with smoked salmon and Hollandaise sauce.


My dads oven baked turbot with potatoes, peas and melted butter with horseradish.


Grilled and marinated scallops on avocado cream with mums homemade bread


Perfect holiday breakfast in my parents conservatory. Boiled eggs, brown bread with Swedish cheese, potatoes and tomato and chili marmalade.


A Gothenburg classic – shrimp sandwich. Tons of fresh shrimp on brown bread with egg, dill and mayonnaise.


Another Swedish classic, it's called vacuum cleaner cookie. I don't know if it's because of the way it looks or because it's made of old bread crumbs. Maybe both.


Ice-cream cheers! With lemon and meringue ice-cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment