22.1.16

The Party part II

It's already been a week since my birthday party, a week of which I've spent the most part in bed with a cold from hell. The other part I've spent trying to entertain Lola the pup who has grown to become a very stubborn and rowdy teenager. However, I thought we should look at the party again, piece by piece, reminiscing the night. 

We started off with a dinner at Windsor Castle where I'd booked the large table for 15 of my favorites. Here's one of my oldest (as in we've known each other the longest) friends, Ulrika, and her husband Daniel. I was Ulrika's bridesmaid and took their wedding pictures when they got married, but that's another story. In the middle's my mum and to the right of her Peters mum and last my dad.

Here's my besties who had come all the way from Gothenburg vs Stockholm to celebrate me, Emma and Hannah, and Peter.

And here's my sister and my relatively new found but very dear London friends Axel, Elin and Jonas. And Azin's arms.

After dinner we all walked to location number two, The Star, where the official party was upstairs, in a large private room. We started off with a music quiz about me, myself and I in which everybody did surprisingly good. All questions had their own song, for example one was "What was Caroline's first record?" and then we played that record (by Ace of Base). Sannah, hero and queen of everything, helped me since I don't exactly love standing in front of a crowd all by myself.

I'd made mixed quiz teams. Here's my dad, Axel and Nicholas who made a great one. Though Hannah, Elin and Daniel's team won!

Then there was cake! Vegan chocolate cake and three large lemon curd and strawberry cakes that didn't made it to the picture. One is on my Instagram. Big thanks to my sister and, once again, to Sannah for baking. It was heaven.

Here you go! A picture where I look like a hamster.

Then these two arrived! Niklas and Hanna, straight from the airport. Which was very fortunate cause Niklas who happen to be Gothenburgs best dj was about to do just that. 

And when he did all hell broke loose. As in everybody went crazy.

When he played one of my personal favorites who happen to be a trance remix of Sarek's Genom Eld och Vatten (don't judge) I think everybody was dancing. Even though all non Swedes were like wtf?

Axel feeling it.

Melis and Harriet were like :)

Then I had two more dj's! <33 Here's Sofia.

And Nicho, who made my parents go "Maybe techno isn't that bad after all"! :)

When The Star closed at one almost everybody went back to our place and continued the party until early morning. Best birthday ever. I know I've said this before but THANKS to everybody involved. So blessed <3







No comments:

Post a Comment