25.7.15

DIY Ikea hacks


I've got this idea to make the space just outside our door my studio since we're on the top floor and nobody uses that space anyway. Yesterday I managed to buy some spray paint, even though I spent most of the day looking for a dentist who could take a look at my wisdom tooth which hurt and still hurts like hell. I did found one and got some penicillin so hopefully the pain will fade asap. The plan was to make the Ikea basket on the picture into a kitchen lamp. Something like this.


I started with cutting a small whole for the cable using the kitchen knife from the first picture. Very handy.


I used Liquitex spray paint which is an acrylic spray paint that doesn't smell that much which makes it good to use indoors. I chose the color 'Cadmium red light hue' since I wanted something just in between orange and red. From Cass Art.


After the first layer. It's a bit darker and more red in reality.


Then I decided to paint the top of our Ikea stools as well. I started with removing the legs.


Then I spray painted them in the same color as the basket/lamp. I did the last layer just now so I wont be able to show you the result until tomorrow. Stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment