25.4.16

What I'm wearing in 10 years

I have two new favorites that I feel like I could wear forever and ever. It's a pair of grey Nike Pegasus '83 and a pair of vintage Levis jeans that fits perfectly. Both the sneakers and the jeans are so comfy. The jeans are so comfy that I actually fell asleep wearing them the other day!

Working in retail with vintage and second hand clothing has definitely got me thinking about how much stuff we buy just to wear it a couple of times before we through it away. An average of 163 kilos of textiles is purchased every hour in a medium Swedish city. Do we need that? The answer is no. Therefor I got a new rule; can I see myself wearing the item in 10 years? That means it has to be both classic and of good quality. 

I'm also trying to buy more eco friendly beauty products, as this wash and lotion from H&M Conscious. 

Look how green it is outside our kitchen window now! Today I'm off since I've been working the whole weekend. So far I've had breakfast and been to a Pilates class. Left to do is grocery shopping, then I'm just gonna do nothing for the rest of the day! Or wait, I'm going to watch Beyonce's Lemonade.



No comments:

Post a Comment