4.9.15

My french onion soup


Yesterday I made my own take on the autumn classic, French onion soup. I used 10 small brown onions, about 2 dl of the cheapest Sainsbury's Chardonnay, one big clove of garlic, 2 bay leaves, veggie bouillon, tomato paste, a piece of Cheddar cheese and some slices of toast. Plus about half a liter of water and some paprika. If you have thyme, which I didn't, you should definitely use it too. This recipe will feed 2 people.




Chop and stir fry the onion and garlic with some tomato paste and a pinch of paprika.


Then add the wine and the water, the veggie bouillon and the bay leaves and cook for 30 minutes.


Meanwhile I did croutons of the old toast bread. 20 minutes in the oven on quite low heat.




If you, like me, don't have baking dishes to do a proper French gratin soup you can always just sprinkle som cheese on top. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment