2.9.15

How Peter and I first met

Photo: Felix Swensson
First time I saw him was under the worst circumstances. I was working with this festival and I had way too much responsibilities. I didn't have time to sleep or eat properly and was close to breaking when this guy comes up to me and gives me a hug and asks me if he can help out with anything. I was astonished and on the verge of tearing up but eventually I just kept on working until two days later when it was time to go home. Then this guy comes up to me again, hugs me again and says something like "I hope we meet again soon". I was exhausted and all I was thinking was that he had beautiful eyes and seemed so genuinely kind. Like he really cared about me even though we didn't knew each other.

Photo: Christian Gustavsson
After the festival my friends and Peters friends started hanging out more. I already knew Peters best friend from when I was visiting a friend of mine in New York. Later that fall the infamous Hurricane Collective, where I was living at the time, was throwing a party to celebrate our roomie Sannahs birthday. The theme of the party was animals and everybody was wearing these Japanese costumes. Later we went to Berns (a club in Stockholm) where "Nicho and 15 animals" was on the list. Wearing a fleece cat costume to a nightclub wasn't exactly pleasant, but while some German techno dj was playing I ended up in the middle of the dance floor with Peter, who laughed at my costume, and then he took my hand. Guess we were pretty drunk but it didn't seem cheesy at all at that time.

Photo: Christian Gustavsson
Later that night all of us went back to the house to have an after party and me and Peter ended up making out in the stairs. I was drunk and cheeky and said something like "I'm going to my room to sleep now but if you're too tired to go home later I have a double bed." Not long after I heard someone knock pretty shyly on my door and there he was, smiling that smile of his. He didn't just stay the night but two nights and we had breakfast and pizzas and watched movies in a pile on the living room floor and I thought to myself "why is he still here? why isn't he leaving?" and then when he actually left I didn't want him too. That was two years ago.

Photo: Christian Gustavsson
Photo: Felix Swensson

1 comment: