21.9.15

Art x 3: Tomás Saraceno


Cloud Cities, 2011, at Hamburger Banhof, Berlin. I saw another version of Cloud Cities at Istanbul Modern in Istanbul last year and loved it!


This piece is called 14 Billion, 2010, and where exhibited at my former job, Bonniers Konsthall, in Stockholm.


On Space Time Foam, 2012, HangarBicocca in Milan, Italy.

Third artist in my x 3 is Tomás Saraceno, an Argentinian artist who works with large scale installations. I love the mix of organic and geometric forms that seems to be constant through out his work and the interactive parts in some of the pieces. I read somewhere that his Cloud Cities are influenced by the way internet and for example Wikipedia is built up by people who piece by piece adds on more information. However, it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment